LA Arts is seeking an Agency Manager to support the organization’s mission of engaging and inspiring a vibrant community through arts and culture. The candidate should be passionate about artistic expression in all its forms and skilled at managing multiple initiatives to expand the organization’s reach and achieve its goals. This role will serve as the public face of LA Arts.
The manager, engaging with and supported by an active volunteer board, will provide initiative and oversight in four areas of programming: Art Walk LA, community relations, exhibitions, and performance. The position requires collaboration with a range of constituents, including board and community members, business and foundation partners, artists, musicians, writers, other arts and culture organizations, and city officials. The scope of this role is broad and diverse, and we expect it to evolve in unison with our strategic plan and the candidate’s interests. The Search Committee welcomes applicants with the following kinds of experience, especially in the arts, but will also consider those who offer related skills and proficiencies.
Experience (some or all of the following)
- Program Development
- Marketing and Communications
- Office, Gallery, and Event Management – We’re moving to a new location this summer!
- Board and Community Liaison
- Grant Writing and Implementation
- Strong professional interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships within our community and bring people together.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to create engaging content while ensuring a consistent voice and brand.
- Skill at planning and executing a variety of online marketing efforts through email, social media, website, and interactive media platforms.
- Commitment to working as a member of an organization that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to think strategically, work collaboratively, and implement tactically to bring new programs to life.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, technical savvy, and a willingness to learn new skills, while adapting to shifting needs and priorities.
This is a full-time position or could be divided into part-time positions. The pay is $20-25 per hour, based on qualifications and experience; benefits package negotiable.
Applicants should submit a résumé (including references) and cover letter to the LA Arts Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Search Committee will begin considering applications on June 20.