North Star Reading Challenge
The North Star YA Award is designed to encourage young adults to read for fun.
Join other Maine teens in selecting a statewide favorite to share with the world!
There are 21 nominees for Maine’s 2021-2022 North Star YA Award. Between now and March 31st, we challenge you to read as many nominees as you can. Win free copies of the books, vote for this year’s NSYA Award winner, and be entered into the grand prize raffle!
How do I join?
Teen readers ages 13-19 can join by:
- Signing up on Beanstack at maine.beanstack.org and choosing Lewiston Public Library as their branch, or
- Picking up a NSYA Challenge Sheet at the library
All registrants will get their choice of one 21-22 NSYA title to keep, and will be able to complete extra challenges to win more free books. At the end of the challenge in April, readers will be entered into a raffle for two $20 Dunkin gift certificates and a grand prize $50 gift certificate to Bullmoose!
How do I win?
To win more free books and for extra entries into the grand prize raffle, teen readers can:
- Submit up to three book reviews of NYSA titles using the form on the back of the NSYA Challenge Sheet
- Create a piece of art (drawing, photo, collage, etc) about one of the NSYA titles they’ve read
- Read at least three NSYA titles and submit their vote for the winning book when voting opens at LPL in April!
Questions & entry submissions can be sent to the Adult & Teen Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in person at the library. All books and prizes must be picked up at the Lewiston Public Library at 200 Lisbon Street, Lewiston. Voting information will be available in April.