July 30 Art Walk L/A with Artists, Poetry and Live Music Downtown!
Lewiston, Maine, July 20, 2021 – The next Art Walk L/A begins at 5 pm on Friday, July 30, 2021, with fully in-person arts experiences downtown including artist receptions, a poetry reading, live music and more!
Look for artist displays along Lisbon Street and in Dufresne Plaza, Lewiston. And check out these visual arts events:
- The Studio, 291 Lisbon St. Reception for artist Grayling Cunningham and friends
- LA Arts Gallery, 221 Lisbon St. Bates Dance Festival’s Performance | Portrait installation remains open until 7 pm.
- Lewiston Public Library, 200 Lisbon St. Student reception for “I Wish My Teacher Knew ..”
- Kimball Street Studios, 191 Lisbon St. Reception for current exhibition, “Women in Art”
- 110 Lisbon St. Artist Melanie Therrien’s botanical series
- Craft Brew Underground, 34 Court St., Auburn. Artist Iris Scott
- Gritty McDuff’s, 68 Main St., Auburn. Lewiston artist Thor Smith
- 5-6 pm: Lewiston Public Library hosts a public reception for Lewiston High School students exhibiting in the current show, “I Wish My Teacher Knew …”
- 5:30 – 6 pm: Anniversary Park, off Pulsifer St., New Auburn. Party to welcome Thomas Berger’s “Big Bass” sculpture to the park. Bring the family!
- 5:30 – 6 pm: Dufresne Plaza, Lewiston. Juggling demonstration by LA Arts’ Bates intern Ben Hoffinger
- 6-6:30 Auburn poet Lynne Schmidt reads from her “Dead Dog Poems” collection at the Wicked Wings murals (behind Mother India Restaurant, 114 Lisbon St, Lewiston)*
LA Arts Music in the Park Concert
From 7-10 pm, enjoy live music at Kennedy Park performed by these local artists:
- Black Cat Road
- Random Ideas
- The Grumps
LA Arts and the Art Walk LA Committee present the 2021 Art Walk Artists online gallery. Artists and artisans included on this page each have works for sale; please support them with your purchases! Visual artists and artisans can register free and we’ll share your work on this web page throughout the season. 100% of art sale proceeds go to artists and makers.
Art Walk LA and all LA Arts programs would not be possible without the generous support of community partners including Community Arts Champion sponsors Acadia Insurance, Austin Associates, P.A., Bates College, Baxter Brewing Co., Berman & Simmons, the City of Auburn, the City of Lewiston, Liberty Mutual, the Sun Journal as well as the Davis Family Foundation, Maine Arts Commission, Maine Community Foundation, the New England Foundation for the Arts, the Onion Foundation, and the Ladd Foundation.
Since 1973, LA Arts, the arts agency for the cities of Lewiston and Auburn Maine, has pursued a mission to engage and inspire a vibrant community through arts and culture. The agency works with governments, businesses, schools and local arts and cultural organizations to create opportunities for community members across the generations to experience, learn, and participate in the arts. LA Arts organizes arts programs and initiatives, supports the work of local artists and arts organizations, and highlights the essential role the arts play in shaping an economically vital, socially integrated, and forward-looking future for its community. Learn more at www.laarts.org.
*Poetry reading rain location: Quiet City Books, 97 Lisbon St., Lewiston