For Immediate Release
Contact: LA Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Artmaking, Music and More at Art Walk L/A July 29
Lewiston, Maine, July 14, 2022 – Head downtown on July 29, 2022 for Art Walk L/A from 5-7 pm and the Music in the Park summer concert from 7-9 p.m. in Kennedy Park!
Enjoy live, in-person arts experiences in more than a dozen locations, including a performance by acoustic musician Toby McAllister at 5 p.m in Dufresne Plaza,* plus Lewiston High School Jazz Band alumni perform at the Hartley Block, 155 Lisbon St. at 5:30 pm.
Check out a live painting event with artist Michael Ranucci from 5-7 pm at Munka Studio! Also visit visual arts happenings at these and other Art Walk LA venues:
- The Studio, 291 Lisbon St. Artists Grayling Cunningham and friends
- LA Community Acupuncture, 223 Lisbon St. Artist Angela Dumais
- Munka Studio, 221 Lisbon St. Cows and Moons
- Lewiston Public Library, 200 Lisbon St. Photographer Norma Warden
- Downtown Handmade, 182 Lisbon St., 2nd floor. Proprietor Sheri Withers Hollenbeck and friends
- Kimball Street Studios, 191 Lisbon St. Bangor Artist Diana Young
- The Hartley Block, 155 Lisbon St. Bates Dance Festival Presents Arthur Fink: Images from the Studio and Stage
Looking for to-go food items along the art walk route? Try these spots!
- Sambusas and Somali tea at Mogadishu Store, 240 Lisbon St.
- Spicy Tots at Boba, 97 Lisbon St.
- Obscura Cafe, 108 Lisbon St.
Music in the Park summer concert series**
After the art walk, head to Kennedy Park, where this month’s concert features
- Secondhand Clams
- Mouth Washington
Art Walk LA and all LA Arts programs would not be possible without the generous support of community partners including Community Arts Champion sponsors Austin Associates, P.A., Bates College, Baxter Brewing Co., Berman & Simmons, the City of Auburn, the City of Lewiston, DaVinci’s Eatery, Dirigo Federal Credit Union, Liberty Mutual, Munka Coworking, Payroll Management, the Sun Journal, the Szanton Company, as well as the Bangor Savings Bank Foundation, Maine Arts Commission, the New England Foundation for the Arts, the Onion Foundation, and the Ladd Foundation.
Since 1973, LA Arts, the arts agency for the cities of Lewiston and Auburn Maine, has pursued a mission to engage and inspire a vibrant community through arts and culture. The agency works with governments, businesses, schools and local arts and cultural organizations to create opportunities for community members across the generations to experience, learn, and participate in the arts. LA Arts organizes arts programs and initiatives, supports the work of local artists and arts organizations, and highlights the essential role the arts play in shaping an economically vital, socially integrated, and forward-looking future for its community. Learn more at www.laarts.org.
*Rain location: Callahan Hall, Lewiston Public Library, 200 Lisbon St., Lewiston
**Rain location: 1800 Club, 34 Court St, Auburn